You're pretty rad! Connect with and/or follow Thad using the social icons!

The Project Scope

The assignment was a stool with three legs…
I decided to use bent lamination and the same profile form for all three legs.   After that it was about figuring out a way to orient them to support a tractor style seat pan.  I had bought one earlier in the week at an antique store and planned to use the rusted out iron piece in the finished project.  As the project grew ideas grew upon ideas and solutions were found to deal with fastening. Such as using a “hook and lace” system. Weaving hemp cording in and out of hooks created by cross dowels in a hole.  The seat was decidedly meant to be carved out of wood so I set to it.    In the end it looks nice and functions some what but was too front heavy and would spring forward when the user would get up.  Learning from failures.

Project Details